NG+7 324,240 Salt
That Stench Most Foul is a Boss in Salt and Sanctuary
Putrescent lord of the Mire of Stench. This hideous, foul creature is said to have emerged from an alchemical experiment once conducted by a Woodswraith alchemist with more ambition than caution. The creature was small at first, but upon eating its creator, not only did it grow, but it learned of its love of human flesh."
- Mire of Stench: You must trigger a switch on the top left of the area to open the door to the boss, also on the top left.
- Coordinates: X:20563.05 Y:24250.69}
- Boss Flags: Redshift Rune teacher is after this boss.
- Attack Types: Poison, Strike
- Weak vs: Fire and Holy Damage
- Strong vs: Strike
- Summons Stenchpods
- Spawn - Summons small floating heads that attack you. These heads have no spawn limit, and bite the player, dealing poison buildup per hit.
- This attack also creates a small poison cloud around the summoned Stenchpod, in front of the boss. The hitbox on this poison cloud lingers more than it's animation suggests, so make sure to stay clear out of it. Has medium range.
- Sometimes the heads will go and stay in one side of the stage for undetermined periods of time, doing nothing.
- Poison breath - Spits a poison cloud along the floor. This attack has a hitbox both in front and behind the area where it's directed.
- However, this attack is usually done when the boss hovers to one side of the stage. As such, the player can easily counter this by running away at the opposite end of where the boss is.
- Bramble Burst - When the player is near the boss, it may extend thorns out of his body. This acts as a explosion AOE attack, dealing high poison buildup and damage.
- Has short range and long windup, but sends the player flying if it connects.
- Arm Swipes - Has a melee attack consisting of 2 swipes with his arms, but does so very rarely. Both are easily rolled through.
- Neither attacks or patterns change.The boss remains the same until death
Melee Strategy Video
- Craft with drop: Adder Fang and Mephitic Arquebus
- It is suggested to equip the Vile Vines Ring and bring some antidotes in this fight.
- If you're able to get Fire or Holy damage added to your weapons, do so. While the boss has huge hitboxes, it's patterns are very simple, and make it easier to buff, heal or hit him at all times.
- If using buffs via consumables, weapons with high base damage get the most mileage out of them, due how they work.
- None of it's attacks can be parried or spell reflected.
- However, it's Stenchpods' bite attack can be parried normally.