Controls for Salt and Sanctuary are shown below.
The controls are rather intuitive and simple to follow.
- Holding R2 (default) while descending a ladder will allow your character to slide down the ladder.
- To parry, press Square (Attack) while holding L2 (Blocking). When parry is successful a red Circle icon will appear infront of the enemy, press Circle before it dissapears to deal major damage.
- Press X and R2 to perform a longer jump, use joystick in direction to jump even further. Be careful, if you don't do this correctly, it is easy to accidentally roll off a ledge!
- Circle (O) opens secret doors.
- Practice dodge rolling with the R2 to take advantage of invincibility frames similar to the Dark Souls franchise.
- Using your Creed's health restore item is a very quick animation, don't hesitate to use it during an intense fight.
- You are able to jump and stay mid-air for as long as you are attacking which can create new combat strategies.
To change the key mapping on PS4
- Setting Menu
- Button Assignments
- Enable Custom Button Assignments (Checkmark)
- Once you put the checkmark there will be a new option called: Customize Button Assignments
- You are now able to make all changes needed. Don't forget to confirm changes.
To change the key mapping on the PC
- Setting Menu (or on launch of game before resuming start of play)
- Remap Keys