|Attack||8.0 / 8.0 Poison|
Mephitic Arquebus in Salt and Sanctuary is a Pistol type weapon.
A stygian matchlock embellished with skeletal fittings encasing the entirety of its stock and barrel. Mummified scraps of rotted flesh still cling to the unsanitary bones, exuding a noxious miasma which permeates any ammunition fired from this ghastly weapon with a most odious toxin. Clearly devised by an evil mind, or else merely one teetering on the brink of abject insanity.
Notes and Tips:
- At 50 Dexterity this weapon has an Attack of 42.2 / 42.2 at tier VII.
- Like other gun weapons, this weapon has 1.5x damage multiplier on its attacks, giving it effectively 50% higher AR than it shows.
- Using a weapon buff, such as a Blessed Page, will buff both your main hand melee weapon and offhand gun, despite the gun not gaining the visual effect of the buff.
- The weapon's physical damage type is split between 50% Slash and 50% Strike damage, but equiping a main hand weapon that has an Extra Blades or Extra Blunt special property will change the offhand gun's damage split to 75%/25% or 25%/75%. Using an Extra Blunt weapon this way can be very useful for Dexterity builds, which don't have a lot of options for Strike damage weapons.
Location/Where to Find
- Can be acquired by Transmuting any Pistol with That Stench Most Foul's Tooth, a Diamond Cluster and 30,000 Salt.
Moveset and Videos:
- Videos go here
Mephitic Arquebus Upgrade Table
|8.0 / 8.0 Poison||B||-|
|8.3/8.3 Poison||B||Endless Fang x1|
|8.8/8.8 Poison||B||Endless Fang x2|
|9.2/9.2 Poison||B||Hateful Jawbone x1|
|9.7/9.7 Poison||B||Hateful Jawbone x2|
|10.2/10.2 Poison||B||Enduring Skull x1|
Mephitic Arquebus VI
|10.7/10.7 Poison||B||Enduring Skull x2|
Mephitic Arquebus VII
|11.2 / 11.2 Poison||B||Twisted Heart x1|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
One of the more devastating poison combo is this gun paired with the Venom Arbelos. At 50 DEX buffed with a Mossy Pessmud, its a little over 100 poison build up in 2 hits. So hit with the Axe combo into a backstep shot for quick recovery to make up for the slow hitter on this wpn which you can chain into a poison cloud. Rinse and repeat. This is a more defensive play style as you dont really want to get into the full axe combo because of the slow hits, but you can chain that 1-2 combo fairly quickly and both of those wpns are also in the better tier in terms of physical for poison wpns. I think if you're serious about a poison build, you should get this gun for one of your loadouts and pair it with whatever suits your the most as this very quick back step combo allow for very quick build up with pretty much every other poison wpn.
This is a Monster Hunter reference, it's the Deviljho light bowgun lol
Surprisingly enough, this isn't a very good Poison weapon by itself. Theoretically, it should be considering guns have a respectable fire-rate and a natural 1.5 multiplier on each shot (so this one technically deals 63.3 Poison damage per shot). But apparently not. It is still a decent offhand, especially if your main is a Poison weapon which lacks some umpf in the staggering department. Don't expect it to deal high physical damage though, even if you have an Extra Blunt weapon. In all honesty, you're better off using another gun like the Mosaïc Culverin to deal with Slash and Poison resistant enemies. But then that's just, like, my opinion.
Mephitic Arquebus VI - Enduring Skull x2
Mephitic Arquebus VII - Twisted Heart
How good are pistols on this game? couldn't find any reference if they're better then bow, xbows or whips (as a secondary, long-ranged weapon)
Does it Stack with tainted Ammunition?