New Game Plus is a feature of Salt and Sanctuary, whereas once the last boss is defeated and the credits roll, players have the option of replaying the game with all their stats and gear from the previous run. The consecutive playthroughs bring a new challenge as enemies increase in difficulty, and hide new treasures for players to continue developing their characters.
Note: The Final Boss can be defeated without triggering the ending, to leave you have to use a Bell of Return, Calling Horn or just leave to the main menu and then continue to reset to your last used sanctuary.
Changes with New Game Plus
- All bosses, NPCs and shortcuts reset
- All keys are lost and must be re-acquired
- All brands are lost and must be re-acquired
- All Sanctuaries and their offerings reset.
- Enemies and Bosses do more damage, have more health, and drop significantly more salt
- All merchant inventories reset
What carries over to New Game Plus
- Player level, equipment and inventory including materials and boss remains, but excluding keys
- Character Devotion to a specific creed
To-do list before New Game Plus
- Aquire a Shimmering Pearl, possibly from a Crypt Keeper
- Grab Drowned Tomes, Charred Tomes, Frozen Tomes and A King's Orders
- Buy desired boss armors from Nomad at the Castle of Storms, since his inventory will reset. (He even sells the Overlord's set).
- Stock up on consumables. Unlike salt, enemies do not drop more gold.