|Drops:||1200 Salt (+ ~? Gold)
Dread Horseman's Ashes x1 
Guide Statue x1 *
*: Enhanced Edition Values
Dread Horseman is a Beast in Salt and Sanctuary
Heavily armored knight. A Dread Horseman on foot is still a higly formidable foe, and in the few cases when Birian rebels managed to unseat a Dread Horseman, they only successfully disarmed and captured one."
- Sanctuary Guardian (wave 3)
- Attack Types: Shield bash followed by two spear swings, spear thrust (Very easy to parry, best strategy)
- Weak vs: Strike
- Strong vs: Slash, Elements
- Only appears on the bridge at Fort-Beyond-the-Mire and as the final sanctuary guardian when performing a defilement.
- Fights with a charging horse first (rolling through and countering with magic/pistols recommended for this phase). After killing horse, Knight fights slowly on foot.
- It possible to parry him during his horse charge.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
There is also one on the path from red cages to ziccurat
Very weak to ripostes, regardless of the weapon you use (Daggers do around 300 damage for instance). Also, you can parry ANY of his attacks with a pistol or a crossbow (shield-bash, kick, slash attack which, I think, are unparryable with a shield). In general, what cannot be parried with a shield can be with a pistol/crossbow, unless it's a boss or a giant lifeless armor. But the opposite can also be true. You can't parry the horse or an arrow with a gun.