Chitin Obelisk in Salt and Sanctuary is a Greatsword type weapon.
This curious weapon began its life as the heavily-modified hunting appendage of an Armor Mite, a gargantuan species of predatory arthropod found in subterranean environments. Composed entirely of a calciferous onyx chitin, its hardness and resilience rival those of the blades forged by master swordsmiths.
Notes and Tips:
- At 50 Strength this weapon has an Attack of 157.0 at tier VII.
- Two-handing a weapon increases Strength by 50% for damage scaling, meaning you only need 34 Strength to reach the 50 Strength soft cap when two-handing a weapon.
- Easily obtainable before the Queen of smiles fight .Being farmed with Enduring skull and Hateful jaw by killing the fisrt Armor mite you encounter in the game being a strong greatsword that scales super well into NG+ thus being relevant trough all the S&S run
- However, you still requiere a Stone Alchemist to transmute (found until Sunken Keep), and it gets easily outclassed by the greatswords in late-game. The upgrade materials are also very scarce and/or rare to obtain.
Location/Where to Find
- Can be acquired by Transmuting any Greatsword with Armor Mite Chitin, an Amber Idol and 3,500 Salt.
Moveset and Videos:
- Videos go here
Chitin Obelisk Upgrade Table
|39.8||C||Endless Fang x1|
|41.7||C||Endless Fang x2|
|43.9||C||Hateful Jawbone x1|
|48.8||C||Enduring Skull x1|
Chitin Obelisk VI
|50.9||C||Enduring Skull x2|
|Chitin Obelisk VII||53.4||C||Twisted Heart x1|
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
if u can afford it the nomad trader sells the endless fang and hateful jawbone
To all these metaslaives who only know tho say schar, schar schar, this greatsword will do more dmg and 75% strike that is more usefull than 50/50 and fast*** hitter
Looks like a rusty black knight greatsword
It is a decent alternative for blunt damage if you don't have the level to wield a greathammer, but is probably better just to level up your greathammer weapon level and transmute your sword in to something more useful
Jaws of Death is one of the easiest and worth through the whole game and NG+ till NG+2. Not sure about NG+3 if its still reliable.
It's Gatts' sword lol
I dunno, it kinda seems...... average.Deciding between this, Batsuichi Tsuka, and the Sea Wolf Cutlass