Varangian Spatha in Salt and Sanctuary is a Sword type weapon.
An unembellished longsword of highly-refined crucible steel. The crucible method results in blades of exceptional quality which have long been popular among seafaring warriors for their reliability, and production has expanded in recent years to accommodate the increasingly widespread use of these weapons among heavy infantry and cavalry units in many continental armies.
Notes and Tips:
- At 50 Strength and 50 Dexterity this weapon has an Attack of 85.1 at tier VII.
- Two-handing a weapon increases Strength by 50% for damage scaling, meaning you only need 34 Strength to reach the 50 Strength soft cap when two-handing a weapon.
Location/Where to Find
- Starting equipment for the Knight class.
- Found in a Chest above the Ziggurat of Dust sanctuary.
- Can be acquired by Transmuting an Arming Sword with a Feral Beast Tooth, a Silver Leaf and 1,500 Salt.
- Can be purchased at any Stone Blacksmith.
Moveset and Videos:
- Videos go here
Varangian Spatha Upgrade Table
|Attack||Str Scale||Dex Scale||Material|
|11.1||E||C||Lock of Hair x1|
|12.5||E||C||Lock of Hair x2|
|14.0||E||C||A Soldier's Poem x1|
|15.7||E||C||A Soldier's Poem x2|
|17.6||E||C||A Lord's Orders x1|
Varangian Spatha VI
|19.7||E||C||A Lord's Orders x2|
Varangian Spatha VII
|22.1||E||C||A King's Orders x1|