Quests in Salt and Sanctuary are simple NPC requests or progression lines that the player must follow to obtain certain rewards.
- The Bag of Earth: This is a fetch quest for Fern, who asks you if you have seen his bag of earth. Bring him the bag to complete the quest.
Reward: Your reward is dependent on how you answer questions Fern asks following turning in the bag of earth. You may get one of three rewards:
- Answering Yes, you seek peace and No, you haven't found it rewards the White Plate armor set, a class 3 heavy armor set with high Holy and Arcane resists.
- Answering No, you do not seek peace and Yes, you have found war rewards the Outlaw Greataxe, a class 1 greataxe.
- Answering No, you do not seek peace and No, you have not found war rewards an Eviscerator, class 4 dagger.
- Coastrock: This is a progression quest for the Despondent Thief. You must talk to her at all her locations, starting in the Castle of Storms. You must answer "Yes" to her question.
Reward: The Coastrock Trophy, Frozen Tome.
- Wise Words: This is a progression quest for the Masterless Knight. You must talk to him at all his locations, starting in Bandit's Pass. You must answer "Yes" to hearing about his quest.
Reward: The Wise Words Trophy, A King's Orders.
- Fading Fast: This is a progression quest for the Black Sands Sorcerer. You must talk to him at all his locations, starting in Ziggurat of Dust. You must answer "Yes" to his question.
Reward: The Fading Fast Trophy, Charred Tome.
- Domefriend: This is a progression quest for Luna Sage. You must talk to him at Dome of the Forgotten and then defeat the The Dried King boss in the Ziggurat of Dust to complete. He will be waiting along the descent of the Ziggurat when exiting after obtaining the Dart Brand.
Reward: The Stella armor set, a class 2 light armor set with average stats all around, favoring physical defense over elemental.