Teuthis Shield is a Shield in Salt and Sanctuary.
A large heater shield forged entirely of steel. The relief upon its face depicts a writhing squid, a symbol of the Federation of Coastrock borne by ranked soldiers in the nation's sizable military. As the cold and rugged Southern continent offers little arable land for agricultural use, the Federation and its constituent states subsist chiefly on a market economy of fishing and heavy industry.
Notes and Tips:
- Quite possibly the best early game Shield; it has perfect invincibility to physical damage and it only requires class 1 shield skill. Buy this as soon as you reach the Sanctuary in the Village of Smiles.
- It's not very worth it to upgrade this shield at all. It is mainly used for its already perfect physical resistances, and its elemental resistances at level 7 are less than 3% higher than its resistances at level 0. You're much better off finding a shield with good elemental resistances and then swapping between the two depending on which is most useful against the enemies you're fighting.
- The Silver Shield protects perfectly against Arcane and Holy damage and has 10 weight, though it will actually increase any Lightning damage you take, and has lower stagger resistance (aka Balance). At higher levels, it gains an invincibility to Slash damage as well.
- The Phoenix Rondache protects perfectly against Fire damage and has 10 weight, but its physical resistances are lacking.
- Other shields may also be worth considering, because some shields have 95% resistance at base level that can be upgraded to a perfect immunity.
- If weight is no concern, then the Iron Rampart may be a viable option. With only a few upgrades, it turns into a perfect defense against all incoming damage and has 90% stagger resistance at base level. This shield will only be usable once you put considerable levels into Endurance, which makes it not an option for those who only wish to dip their toes into shield-wielding.
Location/Where to Find
- Sold by Blacksmiths in The House of Splendor, The Three, and the Order of the Betrayer.
- Can be obtained as early as the the Village of Smiles by buying it from the Blacksmith found in its Sanctuary. You do not need to join the Three.
- Found next to the Masterless Knight on the path to the Dome of the Forgotten coming from the Red Hall of Cages.
Teuthis Shield Upgrade Table
|Level||Stagger Reduction||Strike||Slash||Fire||Lightning||Poison||Holy||Arcane||Upgrade Material|
|I||72.7||100.0||100.0||39.3||45.4||25.2||41.4||30.2||Lock of Hair x1|
|II||73.4||100.0||100.0||39.7||45.9||25.5||41.8||30.6||Lock of Hair x2|
|III||74.1||100.0||100.0||40.1||46.3||25.7||42.2||30.9||A Soldier's Poem x1|
|IV||74.9||100.0||100.0||40.5||46.8||26.0||42.6||31.2||A Soldier's Poem x2|
|V||75.6||100.0||100.0||40.9||47.2||26.2||43.0||31.5||A Lord's Orders x1|
|VI||76.4||100.0||100.0||41.3||47.7||26.5||43.5||31.8||A Lord's Orders x2|
|VII||77.1||100.0||100.0||41.8||48.2||26.8||43.9||32.1||A King's Orders x1|