An elaborate ceremonial sword composed of multiple segments with hollow cores held together from within by a loose steel chain. The interlocking segments can be released by a trigger in the hilt to form a bladed whip, providing a dramatic increase in range. Named for its resemblance to a venomous arthropod feared throughout the Western continents as an omen of death, this weapon was first employed in Tristin during Duke Carsejaw's political purges for the public execution of convicted witches by flogging.
Notes and Tips:
- At 50 Dexterity this weapon has an Attack of 93.2 at tier VII.
- Only requires Class 2 Whip or Class 2 Sword to be usable.
- Whip attack on Heavy Attack, but only while one-handing.
- Very solid whip class weapon that scales well into NG+. Unlike Phoenix Tail, can be acessed early in game and will remain relevant throughout the entire playthrough of dexterous character build.
- Using this weapon with both hands doesn't raise it's damage and slows attack speed for a bit. However, it allows you to use weapon block, which may come in usefull when facing projectile-spamming bosses like The Third Lamb.
- As with any weapon, using it with gun or crossbow in the other hand will prevent you from adding a charm to it.
Location/Where to Find
- Can be acquired by Transmuting any Whip with Court Sorceror's Ear, an Amber Idol and 3,500 Salt.
- Sold by The Iron Ones Blacksmith for 5000 gold. Devotion 2 required.
Moveset and Videos:
- Videos go here
Steel Centipede Upgrade Table
|10.5||S||Lock of Hair x1|
|11.0||S||Lock of Hair x2|
|11.5||S||A Soldier's Poem x1|
|12.1||S||A Soldier's Poem x2|
|12.7||S||A Lord's Orders x1|
Steel Centipede VI
|13.4||S||A Lord's Orders x2|
Steel Centipede VII
|14.0||S||A King's Orders x1|