Oar in Salt and Sanctuary is a Poleaxe type weapon.
A large wooden oar scavenged from the wreckage of a longboat. It bears no modifications for use in combat but is a perfectly functional weapon without them, and the fishing communities of Coastrock's Tetraodon tribe have even developed a specialized martial art focused entirely on the use of oars for self-defense. Men and women alike are trained in this unique fighting style from an early age, and share the same responsibility for protecting their villages.
Notes and Tips:
- At 50 Strength and 50 Dexterity this weapon has an Attack of 95.0 at tier VII.
- Two-handing a weapon increases Strength by 50% for damage scaling, meaning you only need 34 Strength to reach the 50 Strength soft cap when two-handing a weapon.
- Deals 100% Strike damage despite being classified as a poleaxe.
- This weapon can only be used 2-handed until you unlock Pikeman Class 1 in the skill tree.
- A Crossbow or Gun can be used during the Oar Only challenge (may be a bug because the challenge does not permit the use of any other weapon and even doesn't allow you to block with shields).
- A Gun or Crossbow will deal 100% Strike damage when paired with the Oar weapon.
Location/Where to Find
- Select "Oar only" in the challenge list when starting a new game.
- This is currently the only way to obtain the oar in a playthrough.
Moveset and Videos:
- Videos go here
Oar Upgrade Table
|Attack||Str Scale||Dex Scale||Material|