Northern Cross in Salt and Sanctuary is a Greatscissor type weapon. (using it requires the Swordfighter, as Greatswords do, but Greatscissor is considered a seperate weapon type for the purpose of transmuting and has a separate moveset)
An elaborate weapon crafted by a swordsmith from Markdor who, upon learning of the Askarian Army's Jaws of Death, was loath to be outdone by a rival nation and set about the task of improving upon the original design. Several years and countless failed protypes later, the project finally produced its first successful model by shaping one blade from piezoelectric star quartz and the other from conductive duralumin. Dubbed the "Northern Cross," this masterpiece of Dorian craftsmanship did indeed surpass its Askarian counterpart but ironically, large-scale production proved impossible due to the rarity of star quartz. Press [y] while wielding this weapon in both hands to shear.
Notes and Tips:
- It is a Greatscissor, just like the Jaws of Death, so they can be transmuted into each other, but not back into Greatswords.
- It is practically the Magic scaled variant of the Jaws of Death
- At 50 Strength and 50 Magic this weapon has an Attack of 78.9/82.2 at tier VII.
- Two-handing a weapon increases Strength by 50% for damage scaling, meaning you only need 34 Strength to reach the 50 Strength soft cap when two-handing a weapon.
Location/Where to Find
- Can be acquired by Transmuting any Greatsword (or Greatscissor) with The Bloodless Prince's Ashes, an Amber Idol and 10,000 Salt.
Moveset and Videos:
- Videos go here
Northern Cross Upgrade Table
|Attack||Str Scale||Magic Scale||Material|
|10.3/10.3||S||S||Frozen Doll x1|
|10.8/10.8||S||S||Frozen Doll x2|
|11.2/11.2||S||S||Frozen Locket x1|
|11.6 / 11.6||S||S||Frozen Locket x2|
|12.1 / 12.1||S||S||Frozen Reliquary x1|
Northern Cross VI
|12.6 / 12.6||S||S||Frozen Reliquary x2|
|Northern Cross VII||13.1 / 13.1||S||S||Frozen Tome x1|