Mad Jester or The Real Jester is a character in Salt and Sanctuary
Description goes here"
- Sunken Keep: After The False Jester fight, go up and left from following shrine and talk to the real jester NPC to talk to him.
- Red Hall of Cages: Near the top area, find a vertigo obelisk and follow the path to talk to the jester again.
- Grants you the Vertigo Brand
- The Jester Set is next to his first location, inside a chest.
Greetings friend you've come to chatter? From where I sit, you seem the madder! Fork, spoon, knife, and a drowned man's wife.
Where I come from in is out, down is up and up is down! Plate, cup, bowl, and broken widow's soul.
Would you like this rich perspective? Trust me lord, it's quite authentic! Elbow, jaw, knee, and a grave beneath the sea.
No: What a tragic limitation! You'll miss my cooperation. Mock, mocked, mocking, and a dead man's stocking.
Yes: Fear not, then, extend your hand. There is great power in a brand. White, searing, hot, and an iron-forged thought.
Seek and find the hallowd stones. What comes next? I trust you'll know. Fate, faifth, fade, and the calm beneath the shade.
Look at us, we walk the ceilings! Steady on, our heads are reeling! Roof, wall, floor and upside-down door.
Dragons high and dungeons low, find the voice that scares the crows. Deep, black hell, and the darkness that there dwells.
Island full of wicked things, shattered lands and broken kings. Ruled, ruler, rule, heed the wisdom of the fool.
- Wears the Jester's Attire Set.
- His dialogue shows that he knows, uniquely, what's going on in the island - encouraging the player to recieve his brand to move upon the ceiling, as well as giving the player the first real hint as to the true nature of the Scarecrow.
- He is heavily implied to be "The Fool" from the House of Splendor, the god who brought the joys of wine and gold to the hopeless.