Flint & Steel
Flint & Steel in Salt and Sanctuary is a Sword type weapon.
A single-edged broadsword with a wheellock revolver ingeniously grafted into the hilt. Devised by the Choir of the Dome of Light and perhaps testament to their sin, its design draws heavily upon influences from Kar'hi legends in which descriptions of similar weapons are relatively common. Owing to its considerable recoil when firing, two hands are required to steady the blade while operating the trigger.
Press [Triangle] while wielding this weapon in both hands to fire equipped ammunition.
Notes and Tips:
- At 50 Dexterity this weapon has an Attack of 92.7 at tier VII.
- Unlike regular pistols or crossbows, you can equip a charm along with the Sword/bullets since the sword itself is also the pistol. Has massive ranged damage potential if built properly. (200+ dmg per shot)
- Gun shots with this weapon have a significantly slower rate of fire than off-hand gun weapons.
- Like other gun weapons, this weapon has a 1.5x damage multipler on its gun shots (but not on its melee attacks).
- Melee attacks with this weapon deal purely Slash damage while the damage of its gun shots is split into 50% Slash and 50% Strike damage.
Location/Where to Find
- Can be acquired by Transmuting certain Swords with Whisperlady's Ashes, an Amber Idol and 3,500 Salt. Not every sword can be transmuted into it. The Varangian Spatha, which can be purchased from Blacksmiths, can be used.
Several bugs have been reported while using this weapon:
- Equiping Flint & Steel and a pistol in your off hand, and then firing the pistol may cause the pistol to permanently disappear from your inventory.
- The following actions may crash the game while Flint & Steel is equipped (may also require that you have ammo equipped as well): Doing a 'stomp' finishing move on a downed enemy; changing rings; using magic
- Equiping a charm while using Flint & Steel can randomly cause the charm to be permanently removed from your inventory.
Moveset and Videos
- Videos go here
Flint & Steel Upgrade Table
|14.9||A||Lock of Hair x1|
|16.0||A||Lock of Hair x2|
|17.1||A||A Soldier's Poem x1|
|18.3||A||A Soldier's Poem x2|
|19.6||A||A Lord's Orders x1|
Flint & Steel VI
|21.0||A||A Lord's Orders x2|
Flint & Steel VII
|22.4||A||A King's Orders x1|
- This weapon is likely drawing its inspiration from Final Fantasy VIII where the main Character Squall Leonhart wields a so-called "Revolver" that is also a two-handed Sword with a built-in revolver handle. The icon of Flint & Steel also shares a similar look like Squall's Gunblade.