Devara's Light is a Creed in Salt and Sanctuary. It specializes in healing and prayers, so it is the de facto creed for a cleric or paladin type build. It also has the game's most powerful healing items; however, there are not as many options available equipment-wise.
It is the second, out of the three options given by the Old Man at the start of the game; the other being, The Three and The Iron Ones.
The Creed might be one of the oldest known, given to their Clerics meticulous recordkeeping. They follow the believes of the Goddess of Light, Devara, deity of humility, kindness and forgiveness, seeking to embrace all living creatures to find salvation in her bosom; even to those of other faiths, as all are welcome and forgiven, accepted to bask in Her light, and receive Her Forgiveness.
The Creed offers care with it's miracles, some only found within the creed; capable to mend wounds together, support the body with additional defenses to either Physical or Ephemeral attacks, with also some additional offensive miracles to fight back with; also, Devara's care can still be felt on Her phials, particularly Her Water of Blessing, granting a limited protection when quaffed.
The members of this Creed's therefore, are provided with both, reliable healing options, as well as a potent damage type that many enemies are weak to, making it specialized for Cleric's or Paladin's type builds.
Additionally, their Devotion upgrades are present mostly close together, throughout the first quarter of the game, with the only trouble being the lack of options available equipment-wise, meaning the Saltborn will require to explore the Nameless Island for better alternatives.
- Given by the Old Man at the start of The Shivering Shore.
- At the entryway to Bandit's Pass: After exiting the Festering Banquet's through the locked door, past the Masterless Knight, climb the overarching path where atop the start, there's a Black Pearl and the Pauper set with a Woodsman Axe's below; Move straight forward passing the platform where a Pitchfork and a Pouch of Salt are, and at the opposite end, the Creed resides.
- To increase your Devotion with Devara's Light you must turn in remains at any Stone Leader. Devotion maxes out at Rank 7. The following items can be traded for either a: Water of Blessing, a Cloth of Blessing, an Orange Phial, or a Page of Light.
- 3x Drowned Berzerker's Ear
- 3x Vilehawk's Ear
- 3x Poison Cytoplasm Gel
- 3x Caged Man's Ear
- 3x Angsty Bones' Rib
- 1x Armor Mite Chitin
To transmute weapons you have to speak with Devara's Light Alchemist. Transmutation allows you to convert a Weapon, Shield or Armor into another of the same type using the remains of Bosses and Enemies.
|Name & Icon||Cost||Devotion Level Requirement|
|Case of Salt||15000||1|
|Pouch of Salt||500||1|
|Bell of Return||500||1|
|Lock of Hair||500||3|
|Salt Seeker's Ring||500||1|
|Name & Icon||Cost||Unlock Requirements|
|Cleric's Kite Shield||100||1|
|Ray of Searing||1200||4|
|Divine Blessed Weapon||8000||6|
Choosing Devara's Light does change the ending of the game. There is a unique poem read for both the Survival and Dominion endings.
Clasp'd by death
Curs'd no longer
Of timeless gods
Shall tremble at
The spreading dark
- It is speculated that the Candlelit Lady is actually Devara herself.
- This creed is reminiscent of certain Middle-Eastern religions and cultures. The type of apparel as well as the various creed-specific items, such as clay vessels and in-game history of the religion, allude to the real-life Middle-Eastern cultures.