Black Sands Sorcerer is a character in Salt and Sanctuary
Description goes here"
- Ziggurat of Dust: After defeating The Dried King, go up a narrow passageway and the Sorcerer will teach you the Dart Brand. You MUST talk to him until you exhaust all dialogue. If you do not, he will not appear in Step 2.
- The Ruined Temple: After defeating The Coveted, the Sorcerer is to the left (as you continue on) you will see two walls to Shadowflip Brand and Dart Brand up and the area will get dark (like Hager's Cavern) just before you have to turn right down the path. If the map gets light again you have gone too far. The Sorcerer will be sitting at the top past the door at the top left of the two walls. <- He's sitting next to the chest on the wooden platform. Again, you must talk to him until you exhaust all dialogue.
- Shivering Shore: If you have talked and exhausted dialogue with the sorcerer at 1 and 2, defeat The Coveted andThe Witch of the Lake in order to find the sorcerer at the game startpoint.
- You must exhaust dialogue each time you talk to the sorcerer or he won't move.
- If you defeat The Witch of the Lake before The Coveted, he will no longer be at the Shivering Shore.
So you killed him... you killed the King...?
Quite a relief.
But... is this a dream?
This ziggurat we're in... well... it reminds me of that great tomb built by the Sun King of Kulka'as.
Kulka'as is where I studied. Until... the mission.
We were to sail to the west. For a marriage alliance. I think...
No... that's wrong. We were to sail east, to Liven. We were to make peace with the Citadel of Fire and Sky.
Kulka'as' sitting king had just announced an alliance with Askaria, and with it, allegiance to their new gods. The climate for sorcerer collectives would surely sour.
So we sailed... but there was a storm at sea! I was washed ashore. I don't think any of my fellow sorcerers survived.
When I found this ziggurat, I though I'd gone mad.
But I'm no stranger to dark magic.
Imagine a demon that feeds off of the ruins of nations.... a demon that... "collects."
Such a powerful being could dwell on this island. Or perhaps this island is the demon.
And it feeds... claiming men, women, kings, countries.
I want you to explore my theory, and I have just the thing to help you do it.
I have something for you. It might burn... a bit. But aren't all good things found in flame?
If you find the Ruined Temple, you'll know my theory is true.
What about you? Do you agree?
Of course. This island is a graveyard of civilizations.
Find the Ruined Temple. We'll get to the bottom of this.
Hm... maybe I'm wrong.
Hope you figure out what it is we're doing here.
We found it:the Ruined Temple.
It was built in the north as a testament to the power of man. But it became corrupted. By greed... and something more. The mountainsmith may have cast out gods, but even a godless land isn’t safe from demons. I was led to this alcove by a number of tiny markings, each one bearing an instruction in a dead Tristini tongue.
Here I found a set of garments identical to mine. Could it be that I have a shadow, leaving memessages, wearing my clothes?
Ever since you slayed the king.I’ve wanted nothing more than to explore. But now I think I understand what power is here... I’m filled with dread. I’m going to retrace my steps. Perhaps I’ll discover an answer.
I think... I think I understand. I tried to retrace my steps to when I wrecked on this island... Only... I can’t remember. I came from... some nation. I had a mission... to do... some thing. But all I desire is to appease the island.
I have died so many, many times. Again and again. Again and again. I keep finding myself inthe same place. I find messages left to me... by me... with no recollection of leaving them. Whatever my soul was made of... it’s fading fast. This island wants me to kneel. To abandon my soul to it... I can’t... I won’t. I should’vedied at sea. I... I can still die at sea.
Take this gift. I won’t need it anymore. (gives Charred Tome)
Good luck,kind stranger. May you fare better than me.
- NPC Set: ??
- If you want to get the Dart Brand you absolutely MUST talk to him at his initial postion BEFORE defeating The Coveted. If you defeat The Coveted before talking to him and getting the Dart Brand in the Ziggurat of Dust (which is doable by sequence-breaking the game with Superjumping), he will switch his position to The Ruined Temple and you're no longer be able to get Dart Brand.
- If you get to The Coveted from the side with no chandelier It does not break his quest